Jan 20, 2011

I take back my word!


As I was scanning through the pages of my mind thinking of what to write, this came up. Words! I realize, are like seeds and can only germinate producing effects if they are uttered repeatedly. It has the ability to build up self esteem  and also crumble it with no time wasted. They could be of praise and also of neglect.

I feel a greater weight is placed on my heart as I marvel at the rate people utter words without first assimilating what is going to be said before blabbing out an answer that travels into thin air where it longer can be retrieved. Many of us have been faced with this. At first, it starts out as a normal and easy going conversation with someone  and then we get into the joy of talking and go on and on forgetting everything before us and then suddenly something hits us like lighting jerking us back to reality.

What just happened now? Someone just said what we did not feel like hearing, something cruel, hurtful words about our past failures, belittling and spiteful words.



At this point, our facial expression becomes hardened and our mood switches. In this state, the most irrational thing to be heard will be an apology. The person wants to try as much as possible to take back that word. It is kind of hard. I am thinking, you should have thought about that before now - How much a careless word could hurt so badly, that you cannot just walk up and say I take back my word.

Words cannot just be said at freewill thinking that all can be mended with a little apology and you are immediately thrust into accepting it. It is almost like getting a sprain or a cut and then you return to your daily activities immediately. Really? I do not think it works that way.

I sourced the net for some views about the use of words and here is what I got, some interesting replies.

Our words really affect others. Many have committed suicide or failed in life because they didn't hear the right words. Therefore, knowing the effects of our words, casually or seriously spoken, we need to weigh our words before we release them on any person. And as King Solomon said "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." How else can our words affect others?
                                                                    
- Articlesbase



Our words are what make us the humans that we are. Only words and the ability to communicate are what differentiates us from animals. Words can be used to wound and cut another's heart emotions, or that can be used to heal         - Victoria wilks


Only robots say the right words at the right time since they are programmed to say or do things by their Engineer or the Programmer. Human beings are different; the mind has been designed to alter and improvise the ideas and thoughts... which creates internal and external conflicts constantly
                                    - GhostWriter


As a child, growing up with an adult family member who said constantly, "Meet Ayesha my mentally backward daughter." I found it hard to believe that I was not backward, until I was at boarding school where I was told that I was dyslexic       - Ayesha Barrow


"You'll never amount to anything!" he shouted. I shrunk into a ball to try and protect myself from the lashes of his verbal whip. "You're worthless! You can't do anything right!" reverberated through my mind. If he could have only known that these words would stay with me for the rest of my life. Didn't he know I would battle and struggle from that day forward with his violent spew?
                                                     - Tammy Attama


It seems like what others say shouldn't matter, but it does
                                                   - Dennis Harvey





                                      





No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams